We are the Ventura County Youth Track Conference, a Southern California youth track conference currently consisting of 8 clubs (boys & girls ages 6-16) throughout Ventura County. Our roots trace back to 1976 (read more about our history here).
As of the 2016 season, we will be in our 7th year of co-conference competition with the SCYTFC (Southern California Youth Track & Field Conference). We meet twice annually – once mid-season for the Southern California Youth Invitational – a meet that draws appx. 2000 athletes and 16 clubs, and the CCC (Co-Conference Championships). SCYTFC has teams located in the San Fernando Valley, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita Valley and Antelope Valley. Visit the SCYTFC website to learn more about them.
The LA84 Clinic is coming to Moorpark High School on February 21st
(complete info here: http://www.la84.org/la84-high-school-track-field-coaches-clinic-february-7-2016/)
Whether you are a youth or high school track coach, this is for you. VCYTC & SCYTFC representatives are also holding a timing clinic to help new timing volunteers and to help refresh everyone else – all those involved in track & field may attend! Please go to the LA84 Registration page to signup RIGHT NOW if you plan to attend:
REGISTER FOR LA84: http://www.la84.org/online-registration-for-february-7-2016-tf-coaches-clinic/
NOTE: If enough attendees have not confirmed by the 14th, this clinic could be cancelled.
To honor the 40th anniversary of the Ojai Roadrunners Youth Track Club, join the celebration of “Olympians in Ojai! 40th Anniversary Celebration & Fundraiser” on Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 5 in Ojai. Track coaches, athletes and parents, including all VCYTC clubs and High School athletes. Participating in this event are Olympians & World Record Holders (current & former), including:
- Carl Lewis (9 Olympic Gold, Former World Record Holder 100 m, 200 m, 400 m Relay, Long Jump)
- Mary Decker Slaney (Former World Record Holder in Mile, 5000 m, 10,000 m)
- Michael Powell (Current World Record Holder, Long Jump, 25 years)
- Kevin Young (Current World Record Holder, Hurdles, 23 years)
- Steve Lewis (3 Olympic Gold, 1 Silver, 400m and 1600 m Relay)
- Tasha Danvers (Olympic Bronze, 400m Hurdles)
- Danny Everett (Olympic Gold and Bronze, 400 m and 1600 m Relay, Former World Record Holder, 300m and 400m)
The Event Schedule includes:
Friday, March 4 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Invitation only VIP Cocktail Reception for Olympians, Sponsors and Special Guests. Adults only.
Saturday, March 5 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Olympian & Elite Track & Field Academy just for kids! Youth ages 9 – 16 will work directly with our Track & Field luminaries in a morning Clinic learning techniques to improve performance. They can then put what they learned to the test in our (optional) practice meet following the clinic.
As you know, this is a very unique and special opportunity taking place right here in Ventura County! We know some clubs have a practice meet planned for that Saturday. If your club does not, we hope you’ll consider coming out and participating in our event!
Please help us spread the word by forwarding this email to your club members or mentioning the event on your team’s website. High school track programs in your community are also welcome to participate. The VIP reception on Friday is invite only.
Tickets are available at OjaiRoadrunners.BPT.me
se wishing to attend should email Info@OjaiRoadrunners.com
for a passcode needed to purchase tickets. See attached flyer or OjaiRoadrunners.com
for more information.
At this years LA84 (Feb 21 @ Moorpark High) , we are going to have a timing clinic which will be instructed by members of both VCYTC & SCYTFC. To provide the most informative course to help – we would like to know how many would be interested in attending, attendee experience/skill level and what you would like to see covered (e.g. software (meet manager) or hardware (cameras and camera setup).
As we get closer to LA84, we will provide more info on this clinic.
Please take just a moment to fill out this brief form:
The LA-84 Track Clinic at Moorpark High School has been rescheduled – it will now be held on Sunday Feb. 21st.
The agenda for this clinic will be set at the next co-conference meeting either on Jan 18th or Jan 25th.
This year, VCYTC and SCYTFC are in the process of adding a meet timing & results clinic. We are hoping each club can get at least two volunteers to attend to make this a worthwhile endeavor. This clinic will be presented by veteran timing staff from both conferences and should be a great opportunity for anyone new to to timing or just as a refresher course and to exchange tips with each other.
Any questions suggestions about the timing clinic of LA-84, please direct them to Erin Sap @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for an update on LA-84 as well as the timing clinic soon.
With most teams about to begin signups, we urge you to check with VCYTC track club closest to you (see listing on the right) to get signup info. Some clubs do fill up quickly!
The tenative schedule for 2016 is as follows:
|DATE||MEET 1||MEET 2||MEET 3||MEET 4
|MARCH 12||MPK @ HV||TO @ NP||CAM @ OX||VTA @ OJ
|MARCH 19||TO @ OJ||NP @ VTA||CAM @ MPK||HV @ OX
|MARCH 26||HV @ VTA||OX @ TO||OJ @ CAM||NP @ MPK
|APRIL 2||HV @ CAM||MPK @ OJ||OX @ NP||VTA @ TO (+1 SCYTFC)
|APRIL 9 & 10||7th ANNUAL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA YOUTH INVITATIONAL
@ ROYAL HIGH SCHOOL
|APRIL 16||CAM @ VTA||TO @ HV||OX @ MPK||OJ @ NP
|April 23||OJ @ HV||MPK @ TO||NP @ CAM||VTA @ OX (VTA ASSIST TIMING)
|APR 30 ||LEAGUE FINALS EAST (HV MPK TO @ NP)||LEAGUE FINALS WEST (CAM OX VTA @ OJ)
|MAY 7||VCYTC CHAMPIONSHIPS @ MOORPARK (HOST: TO & HV)
|MAY 21||CO-CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP VCYTC/SCYTFC @ SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE
(TOP FINISHERS AT VCYTC CHAMPIONSHIPS TO COMPETE)
Need to convert the 1600/3200 times for the Southern California Youth Invitational? Here is the calculator to do so:
Two conferences, 16 clubs & approximately 2000 athletes!
SATURDAY APRIL 11th & SUNDAY APRIL 12th 2015
The Southern California Youth Invitational @ College of the Canyons
Entries only accepted from VCYTC clubs @ EPI SPORTS — START ENTERING YOUR ATHLETES NOW!
Meet is open to BANTAMS – MIDGETS – YOUTH – AND INTERMEDIATE (Plus YOUNG for SCYTFC).
SEE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS ATTACHED HERE
EPI is now open to accept entries – entries are due by 4/6/2015 @ 7:00PM – dont wait until last minute to get entries in – EPI will shut off and your athletes will not get to run!
Meet Director’s Notes:
Event limits: Bantam, Midget, and Youth may participate in up to 2 individual events plus 1 relay, or 1 individual event plus 2 relays
Intermediates / Young Women & Men: up to 3 individual events or same as above. Strictly enforced (sanction for over-eventing, is DQ for all events participated in).
NOTE: Last year, some clubs created multiple accounts to enter athletes causing unnecessary work for John Molster with SCYTFC
please only create one account for your entire club, no additional coaches accounts or athletes may not be entered into meet.
If you need assistance loading your roster into EPI, please contact Erin Sap with VCYTC @ email@example.com.
Your Staging, Computer, and Timing teams are invited to attend a “Using Bib Stickers & MMplus” clinic…
Clinic to include an introduction to using bib stickers and MMPlus (software by Leigh Stivers of Camarillo Cosmos)
- Eliminates the need to hand prepare the small event stickers with athlete’s best marks for proper staging. Facilitates fast & easy staging because the bib stickers include meet rankings by event…just line the kids up by their rank number to stage!
- Replaces athlete data-entry into Meet Manager (Events, Heats and Positions/Lanes) from after the race to before the race in staging which allows results to be posted within minutes (or even seconds) of race completion! Entry can even be done by barcode!
- Eliminates the need to pull tags at the finish line, so you can reassign your tag-pullers to become Escorts to keep heats organized from staging to their starting point on the track!
- Finally provides an easy process to create, score and enter Field Event Results sheets with automatically ranked and fair heats.
* When: Saturday, February 21, 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
* Where: TBD – Rio Mesa High School (between Oxnard and Camarillo) – Track Field – Finish Line
- MMplus demo – printing Bib stickers and Field Event sheets before the meet) –Leigh
- System set up, especially networked Staging computer and bar coder — Erin & Leigh
- Staging and Staging Data-Entry (Bib rank, hip stickers, data-entry, escorts) — Mark & Erin
- Timing/Scoring races on FinishLynx and posting results to MM and to website (including mixed events/heats) — Erin & Leigh
- Field Event sheets (usage and entering into MM) — Mark & Erin
- Timers, Computer System and Finish Tent personnel
- Staging volunteers and Staging Data-Input volunteers (possible new position for some clubs)
- Field Event Scorers/Data-Input
Please RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org before February 14 your attendees names and positions. Coffee and pastries served at 8:45 to 9:00.
Additional info, and RSVP address: Mark Williams, Camarillo Cosmos @ email@example.com
Just a reminder about the LA84 clinic this weekend (http://www.vcytc.org/la84-coaching-clinic-sunday-feb-8th-2015-moorpark-high-school/).
Please pass this info to all your coaches and get them registered ASAP! No matter the experience this is beneficial for all, and even parent volunteers. VCYTC would like to see our participation for this event grow each year and we need a few more to attend to make that happen.
- Even the most seasoned / savvy coaches we have, will learn something.
- The idea is to learn something outside your core expertise or discipline.
- As coaches, you are mentors, you may need to instruct others in areas you may not be strong in.
When: Sunday, February 8, 2016, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Where: Moorpark High School, Moorpark, CA
What: Beginning Level Track & Field Clinic: Field sessions, classroom discussions for youth coaches
This course is designed primarily for youth coaches, but is opened to all interested coaches. The clinic is free. Please register online.
Beginning Level Sessions: These sessions are aimed at the very basic level of instruction. The presenters will discuss the rules and regulations of each event and will present the basic first steps a coach will want to follow in teaching the event to beginning athletes.
All participants will receive a free CD copy of the 456-page LA84 Foundation Track and Field Coaching Manual.
Here is the announcers call sheet for this weekends all comers meet @ TOHS:
DOWNLOAD: Announcers Call Sheet: Open Meet @ TOHS – Dec. 13, 2014