To honor the 40th anniversary of the Ojai Roadrunners Youth Track Club, join the celebration of “Olympians in Ojai! 40th Anniversary Celebration & Fundraiser” on Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 5 in Ojai. Track coaches, athletes and parents, including all VCYTC clubs and High School athletes. Participating in this event are Olympians & World Record Holders (current & former), including:
- Carl Lewis (9 Olympic Gold, Former World Record Holder 100 m, 200 m, 400 m Relay, Long Jump)
- Mary Decker Slaney (Former World Record Holder in Mile, 5000 m, 10,000 m)
- Michael Powell (Current World Record Holder, Long Jump, 25 years)
- Kevin Young (Current World Record Holder, Hurdles, 23 years)
- Steve Lewis (3 Olympic Gold, 1 Silver, 400m and 1600 m Relay)
- Tasha Danvers (Olympic Bronze, 400m Hurdles)
- Danny Everett (Olympic Gold and Bronze, 400 m and 1600 m Relay, Former World Record Holder, 300m and 400m)
The Event Schedule includes:
Friday, March 4 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Invitation only VIP Cocktail Reception for Olympians, Sponsors and Special Guests. Adults only.
Saturday, March 5 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Olympian & Elite Track & Field Academy just for kids! Youth ages 9 – 16 will work directly with our Track & Field luminaries in a morning Clinic learning techniques to improve performance. They can then put what they learned to the test in our (optional) practice meet following the clinic.
As you know, this is a very unique and special opportunity taking place right here in Ventura County! We know some clubs have a practice meet planned for that Saturday. If your club does not, we hope you’ll consider coming out and participating in our event!